Monday, January 6, 2014

smoky eyes#



smoky eye tutorial 

               One thing I LOVE about the smoky look is how versatile it is. You can use pretty much any color and you can go from a soft smoky to a really dramatic one. My favorite colors to use on my brown eyes are purples, blues, greens, bronzes and charcoals. In my tutorial below, I used golds and browns but feel free to substitute them with other colors.

Step 1. Prep the eyelid with a primer to ensure longer-lasting color.
What I Used: NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base  
 
Step 2. Apply a pale gold or light beige cream eyeshadow all over the eyelid.

What I Used: MAC Chilled On Ice Paint Pot
 
Step 3. Using a flat eyeshadow brush like MAC #239 Eye Shader, pat a medium brown eyeshadow on the eyelid.

What I Used: NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura
Step 4. Using a small brush like MAC #219 Pencil Brush, darken the crease and outer corner of the eye with a dark brown eyeshadow. Blend off harsh edges with a fluffy brush like MAC #217 Blending Brush.

What I Used: NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura

Step 5. Apply the dark brown eyeshadow on the lower eye.

What I Used: NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura
Applying NARS Cordura on lower eye
Step 6. Draw a line along the upper lashline with a black liquid or gel eyeliner. To create the illusion of longer, bigger eyes, drag the line a few mm past the outer corner. Line the waterline as well to make sure there are no “whites” peeping through.

What I Used: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Step 7. Brush a highlighting color on the inner corner of the eye and under the brow bone.

What I Used: MAC Eyeshadow in Pollen



Step 8. Apply mascara and fake lashes on upper lashes.

What I Used: Rimmel London Lash Accelerator in Extreme Black; Makeup For Life Lashes in #Hugs ‘n Kisses



Step 9. Apply a few coats of mascara on lower lashes.

What I Used: Rimmel London Lash Accelerator in Extreme Black



Extra Beauty Tips

* Do your eye makeup first if you are going to be using dark colors. This will minimize any effort to clean up your foundation and concealer afterwards.

* Always pair dark eye makeup with a clean face and nude lips for a fool-proof look.

No comments:

Post a Comment